Just Chilin'

He has shown you, O Man, what is good; And waht does the Lord require of you But to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Can't Sleep

Well, I can sleep if I went to bed right now. But the truth is i just got back from my best friends wedding, and Im still wearing the bridesmaid dress, and I kind of don't want to get out of it. It really is a girl thing. But the wedding was wonderful and she is married and I can't believe that we have been best friends for 10 years and she is married, it is crazy, but nevertheless, I am so excited for her. But with all this marriage talk and it being on my mind for the past week... has made me think about my life and kind examine it.

Ok, so maybe not examine it, but think about it. And God has open my eyes to something. My whole life I have grown up knowning that the guy that I would one day date would have to ask my dad first. And i have always struggled with this. I always looked at it, as more of an interview process for me. And never really liked it. But God has really showed me how selfish i was being and how this is not just because I'm an elders kid. But because it is a Godly thing todo. So Godly as a matter of fact that Joshua Harris talks about in his book Boy meets Girl. That was what first got me thinking about this. then one of my old time friends said that her boyfriend asked her dad to date her. So now, that my butt has been kicked hard on this topic. I understand more clearly that is the right and Godly thing to do. Not because I'm an Elders kid.. It is amazing what God will use to open your eyes to something. And once He does, you see it better and understand it clearier then you did before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home