Just Chilin'

He has shown you, O Man, what is good; And waht does the Lord require of you But to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8

Friday, February 23, 2007

I am not, But I know I AM

So I'm finally getting around to reading the book by Louie Giglio, I am not, But I know I AM. From what I have read, it is a amazing book. If you have not read it, please do so. You can't go wrong.

I have been wanting to read this for some time. But never got around too. And with me, watching a 4 month old for a couple hours a day, I needed something to do when she was sleeping. So I picked up this book.

I can't seem to get enough of this book. How this book... our lives... is about God and HIS story. Not about us, in any way. Here is just a sample of what grab my attention, and has been playing in my mind for a while.

Louie, is talking about when Moses see God at the firy bush and they have a converstaion. God tells Moses to say you have been talking to I AM... Louie says this.

In English the name I AM translates into the verb to be. or simply be. Therefore, God's name is Be. I AM= I BE. Not great grammer. I know, but powerful theology. God knew it was imperative for Moses to know who He was- that He was I AM. I Am is the present tense, active form of the verb to be. As God's name, it declares that He is unchanging, constant, unedning, always present, always God.

God was telling Moses:
I AM the center of everything
I AM running the show
I AM the same every day, forever
I AM the owner of everything
I AM the Lord
I AM the Creator and Sustainer of life
I AM the Savior.
I AM more than enough
I AM inexhaustible and immeasurable
I AM God

Our name is I am not:
I am not running anything
I am not the head of anything
I am not in charge of anything
I am not the maker
I am not the savior
I am not holding it all togther
I am not all-knowing
I am not God.

when you get right down to it, all of our names are I am not.
AND GOD'S NAME IS STILL I AM.

Like I said earlier, if you have not read this book yet, you should. It is amazing. I am getting so much out of it, and it is daily a wake-up call. Wake-Up call on knowing that I AM- loves me enough to call me daughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home