Just Chilin'

He has shown you, O Man, what is good; And waht does the Lord require of you But to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Here Goes Nothing

So I really don't know what to talk about, or what to say, or how long or short this post will be. But I figured it was time for a new blog. So here goes nothing.
I get asked all the time how I like school. And my answers usually are school is great. In which is true. But lately I have been thinking more about that question, and trying to figure out if there is a different way of answering it. Besides, school is great. So this answer is now my new one. I say school is great, I can't believe that God has given me a talent, and a desire. And then has given me the rescoures to perfect this talent. God has placed in me a desire of pastries, and a desire for making pastries look pretty. But that doesn't stop there, he has place the means for me to perfect, or at least gain the knowledge of this talent. Its like what we here all the time, God doesn't give you more then you can't handle. And right now I for sure see that in my life. God has given me a full plate but has given me the strenght to get through the day. God is amazing. this reminds me of what Tom said tonight at Church...
That God didn't save me, because of me. He didn't look down on the times of earth and say... Now there is a beatuful girl who has her head on straight, and has a skill. I think I will save her. Hahah, cause if He did that, we would know for a fact that He woul dif. not of saved me. But it has nothing to do with me. I was a punk ( ok, ok still am a punk) but now I am SAVED BY GRACE. How amazing is that, to know that the God of the Universe saved me, because He wanted to.
Tonight at dinner, a bref comment came up. The comment about adoption. And everytime I hear that word 2 thought come to mind. The physical adoption, yes I once was adopted. No not from a foster home, but my step dad adopted me when my real dad died. And even though sometimes I think about my real dad, and it hurts to me think that I will never see him again, cause he was not a Christian. I still wonder and think about him. But at the same time I am bless to have a dad who loves God. The other adoption is God, he adopted me as His daughter. That blows my mind. I can have a conversation with the God of the Universe and know I AM HIS. And that I am beatuful in His eyes. I don't need for people to tell me, or mostly not tell me that I look nice.. cause I know that I am beatuful in the Creater eyes. He made with green eyes, the blonde hair, he made to be only 5 feet tall. And I love every single thing about that. I am sitting here in awe and wonder of this.
It is funny, cause I started out thinking I was going to write about something different. But like I said, God had placed something else on my heart to write about. So ending on this note, have a great day- and remember, that God doesn't give us more then we can't handle, without the means to handle it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must echo your comment, "God has placed in me a desire of pastries"...desire to EAT them!! Yes, it is truly amazing that a Holy and Just God would pluck us up and adopt us as sons and daughters. Yes, the convo at the table last night was hard to understand, but we must submit ourselves to God's word and not our own expereinces.

BC

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home